- December 14, 2020
- Posted by: Startup Desk
- Category: Elevator Pitch, News
About the Organization:
TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment, and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics from science to business to global issues in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world.
TED Global Idea Search 2021
TED is hosting two global idea searches in 2021 with a mission: to hear big, bold ideas from every corner of the world. A select group of people from each application pool will be invited to give TED Talks, either virtually or in person.
They’re looking for ideas worth spreading that’s their mission! So… What does that mean? They’re looking for ideas that are new, unique, and can offer an insight or a new way of thinking to a very large audience.
A TED Talk usually has a topic and an idea.
- A topic is a high level — the general direction you want to take the talk. Topic example: We need to fix the opioid crisis
- An idea is a specific angle that stems from the topic — a unique message, solution, or insight that only you can share. Idea example: In the opioid crisis, here’s what it takes to save a life
- Winners will be invited to give a TED Talk, either virtually or in person
- Open to individuals with ideas that are new, unique, and can offer an insight or a new way of thinking to a very large audience
- Applicants may be from any country around the world
Preparing your video submission:
Please make a 2-minute video as a part of your application. You’ll find these instructions with more details on the application form as well.
- Film yourself using good lighting angled towards your face rather than coming from behind you.
- Use a stable camera oriented in horizontal framing (this does not need to be a professional camera — it can be a computer or phone camera), set to the highest resolution. (On most phones, the resolution you want to use is 4k, 1080.)
- Make sure your sound is clear and audible (avoid filming outside, and prevent objects from rubbing on the microphone).
- Your combined answers to the four questions should not exceed two minutes. A good way to plan for two minutes is to write out a script that is around 280-300 words.
- When you are done, upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo and title the video, “your name – TED Global Idea Search”. Make sure the video is listed as “public” or “unlisted” so that we won’t need a password to view it.
Questions you’ll need to answer in your video
- Question 1 – Who are you and what are your credentials?
- Question 2 – What is the idea you want to share?
- Question 3 – What insights will you leave the audience with?
- Question 4 – Why should we invite you to give a TED Talk?
Deadline: January 21, 2020 (11:59pm EST).
For more information please check the Link