- October 9, 2020
- Posted by: Startup Desk
- Category: Funding Opportunity
The Deji Alli ARM Young Talent Award is an ARM initiative in partnership with TechnoVision’s TVC Labs that aims at providing young Nigerians with an opportunity to develop innovative start-up ventures that add economic value to Nigeria.
The DAAYTA 2021 initiative is in line with ARM’s commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) with the aim of building a generation of change leaders, working together to build a better future. It seeks to support business ideas that intentionally create positive societal impact while generating a financial return.
Due to the current global pandemic, it is important to note that the DAAYTA 2021 final event will be held virtually and applications are welcomed from all parts of Nigeria.
To be eligible for the award, the applicant must:
- Be a citizen of Nigeria
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age
- Submit their application which must be their original work
- Have an MVP (minimum viable product) i.e. you have customers
- Be able to fund his/her/team travel expenses and other associated costs if required
- Be available (with co-founders/team where they exist) for the 2-day Pitch Workshop and Final Pitch Event scheduled for February & March 2021
- Understand the business of ARM, what we stand for; and be ready to represent ARM as an Ambassador
Deadline for November Submission: Monday, November 2nd, 2020.
The winner of DAAYTA 2021 shall, subject to the Terms & Conditions, receive funding of ₦12,000,000 (twelve million nairas) over a period of one (1) year for the following purposes:
- contribution to working capital.
- participation in an entrepreneurial education
- program at the Pan Atlantic University’s Enterprise Development Centre in Lagos, Nigeria
- receive a 5-month acceleration support services for the development of their venture by TVC Labs.
For more information on eligibility criteria, kindly refer to the Terms & Conditions here. You can also view the FAQs below.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Why is ARM running the Deji Alli ARM Young Talent Award 2021?
The Deji Alli ARM Young Talent Award (DAAYTA) program was inaugurated by ARM in honor of its founding CEO in 2015 to promote lifelong learning by helping young Nigerian graduates and undergraduates bring ideas to life.
The initiative is in line with the Firm’s commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) with the aim of building a generation of change leaders, working together to build a better future.
- Who is eligible to participate?
- Are there focus areas for DAAYTA 2021?
We are looking for great ideas that are related to Agriculture, Education, Healthcare, Housing, and Transportation.
- When is the deadline for submissions?
The deadline for submissions is Monday, November 2nd, 2020.
- What prize(s) does the winner of the Deji Alli ARM Young Talent Award 2021 receive?
The winner of the DAAYTA 2021 Programme will, subject to the Terms & Conditions, receive Funding of N12,000,000 (twelve million nairas) over a one (1) year period for the following purposes:
- contribution to working capital.
- Participation in an entrepreneurial education program at the Pan Atlantic University’s Enterprise Development Centre in Lagos, Nigeria
- receive a 5-month acceleration support services for the development of their venture by TVC Labs
- The second stage of the program will require thirty (30) shortlisted applicants to submit a POEM Framework business plan, a Marketing/pitching video, detailed profiles of their Board (Directors & Advisers), and Team members, sharing their Education, Careers, Key Accomplishments, and LinkedIn profiles.